The following is a brief analysis of the Institutions whose mean scores swung the most since the 2006 PGR.
Which Institutions saw the largest change in its overall mean score since 2006?
- Yale University (2021 overall rank 6) had a spread of 1-point over a cumulative increase in its mean score since 2006, which is the highest mean range of any institution. It began in 2006 with a score of 3.1, but then jumped up to 3.9 in 2009, and has edged upwards ever since, settling in at 4.1 for the past 3 iterations of the PGR.
- The University of Southern California (2021 overall rank 9) increased its mean score by 0.9 between 2006 and 2017, from 3.1 to 4, but its score went down to 3.9 in 2021.
- Birkbeck College, University of London began with a score of 3 in 2006, went up to 3.3 in 2008, but then began trending downward 1 whole point between 2008 and 2021.
- The University of Melbourne saw a massive drop in its score between 2008 and 2009. I wonder what happened! I suppose there must have been some major faculty moves.
- The 4 institutions with the largest mean score range occurred across the overall rankings, with representatives near both the top and bottom of the overall mean scores.
- Click here to see the full process for generating the data and visualization.
Leave a Reply